“Liberty, when it begins to take root, is a plant of rapid growth.”
What is liberty? There are many definitions: The condition of being free from restriction or control.The right and power to act, believe, or express oneself in a manner of one’s own choosing. Personal freedom from servitude, confinement, or oppression. Personal sovereignty. It’s a concept that we take for granted here in the United States….one that not everyone thinks about.
Here’s a scenario: You get up in the morning, and you’re running late for work. You decide to shave and nick your chin, and while searching through the medicine cabinet, you realize that you are out of hydrogen peroxide….no big deal. You have to take the bus, anyway, and it’s a long ride. You’ll just order some on your laptop to be dropped off at your apartment later. The lady sitting next to you seems overly friendly, and you don’t want her to see your password, so you tilt the screen of your laptop away and shield it with you hand. You feel your phone vibrate, and you take it out to see why…it’s a text from your girlfriend. Nosy lady is still next to you, so you turn your back to her to send a quick text back to your girl. She lives with you and works the night shift, so you ask her if she can go pick up some groceries while you are at work…probably enough to last sometime into next week…you both are crunched for time and she has finals coming up. “Oh, better grab some new flashlights, too, hon…it is supposed to storm this weekend, and if the lights go out, I want to be able to see what I’m doing.”
Your bus reaches its stop, and you slam your laptop shut, pick up your briefcase and a bag that has an extra change of clothes for the gym, and head to your office. It was chilly when you left, but the sun is up, and it’s getting warmer. Maybe you didn’t need your jacket after all.
Guess what? You are now a terrorist, according to the U.S. Government. How is this possible? Well, let’s break it down:
1. You shaved for work this morning. According to a flyer published by the FBI and the Department of Justice, changing your appearance is a potential indicator of terrorist activity. And here you just thought it would be good to look professional for a change.
2. You ordered hydrogen peroxide from a website…..ding, ding, ding. According to this same flyer, buying chemicals online is a good indication that you’re building a bomb. Or that you skinned your knee…or something like that.
3. As you ordered your “bomb-making” chemicals online, you didn’t want the lady next to you to be all up in your business, so you shielded your screen from her view. Our government says that if you are overly concerned with your privacy and shield your computer screen from the view of others, you might be a terrorist.
4. The text from your girlfriend…a simple, “Have a good day, honey…” According to a DHS commercial for the “citizen spy” program, if you are texting in public but concealing it from others, you should be reported for suspicious terrorist activity. A simple, “Love you, too” won’t suffice.
5. Asking your girl to get a week’s worth of groceries….congratulations, you are now a terrorist threat. The FBI believes that anyone who has a store of food that will last more than 7 days might just be up to no good.
6. Getting flashlights for the storm? You’d be better off stocking up on candles. Flashlights are considered night-vision devices, so they also fall under the realm of “terrorist activity”.
7. That briefcase and gym bag? Probably better rent a locker, buddy. You are carrying “too much baggage”, so you are potentially a terrorist.
8. And, let’s not forget that you grabbed a jacket because it was chilly this morning. Being overdressed for the weather? More terrorist activity. And you just wanted to stay warm.
So….the seemingly normal, boring routine that you went through in the hour or so that it took you to get to work labelled you a terrorist under the watchful eye of the FBI and the Department of Justice. Eight simple actions that you took for granted could land you in jail indefinitely under the NDAA. Yes, folks, this is the new America. Not the one your mama told you about.
It’s time for change…REAL change, not a mediocre attempt to influence policy. You and I are losing our liberty, day after day, and no one seems to want to do anything about it….well, except one person….and millions of average Americans like you and me who just want to be free.
Yeah, I’m a Ron Paul supporter. You know, that guy that’s running for President on the Republican ticket. Wait…you thought Romney was the only candidate? That’s exactly what the media wants you to think.
Ron Paul has a message that the establishment Republicans don’t want to hear….one that is very complex, yet easy to understand. Paul’s message is one that appeals to many different people, from very different walks of life. There are many facets to his vision, but it all boils down to one very important concept: liberty.
The mainstream media ignores him, the neo-cons ridicule him, and the RNC just wants him to go away, and take his supporters with him. Guess what? We’re not going away. And neither is Dr. Paul. Take some time to learn about his stances from the masses of liberty-minded Americans that the media chooses to ignore. Whether you like him or not, it’s important that you know who he is and what he stands for. If you enjoy your freedom, he may just be your only hope.<
“My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.”
Source: FBI “Communities Against Terrorism” Suspicious Activity Reporting Flyers; Public Intelligence, Feb 1, 12